Are you jealous of any of your friends?

I have a friend who I was always jealous of... we started out the same, we went to school together, we are the same age ( our birthdays are only a couple weeks apart), we both got married right after high school and had our first daughters a week apart...

It took me a long time to get pregnant with my second baby ( we started trying for our second at the same time... but by the time i had my second, she was having her 3rd and now I am unable to have anymore ( medical problem)

Her and her husband has a good relationship I mean they do argue like regular married couples but they get along really well and you can tell how much they are in love -- my husband and I fight everyday and I constantly wish I could leave him...

They bought their dream house ( a big one) and she always talks about how she gets to decorate it ... we live in a tiny rented house that is falling apart... but my husband has messed our credit up so bad that even if we started trying to fix it now, it would still be years before our credit is good enough...

They got on vacations twice a year - not just little ones but like out of the country vacations...my husband and I havent ever been on one together and that makes me sad because when I was growing up we went on a big vacation every summer and I want that for my kids too...

Well now I realize i should be that jealous and now I have seen some things and I now know that her life isnt as perfect ( I heard her husband and her yelling and telling each other f*ck you IN A STORE ... she has 3 kids under the age of 4, and the oldest two act horribly and dont listen at all... my two kids are actually very well behaved and smart, that the last time we were out she said her kids acted as well as mine.... She does have a big house, but after seeing it I realized it is really old and not very taken of, and she is a very bad decorater...and the vacations she takes she doesnt even take her kids with her....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I have no reason to be jealous of anyone.

Answer by older at 10:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My best friend and I are jelous of each other in a good way. since we were 15 she wanted to get married and have kids right out of high school, and i wanted to go to college and live on my own and be totally independent. were living each others fantasies. Not to say that shell never get married and have kids, but i just dont think she ever will, her standards are way too high and shes never been in a relationship since 16yo. I love my life but sometimes i envy her, she envies me too. but its a im happy for you envy not i want to kill you envy
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:51 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I try really hard not to get jealous of my friends, but the one thing that really gets to me is when my friends are able to buy homes. We have been trying to buy a house for 3 years now and have not been able to do it because my dh lost his job awhile back and we had to live off of our credit cards to survive. One of my friends suddenly decided she was going to buy a house, and did, and I had like a mental breakdown that day. Jealousy is sometimes a part of having friendships I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• jealousy is a natural human feeling. we've all experienced it at some point...
    I've been jealous of friends before...but all it takes is a little reflection on the life I do have...to make those feelings disappear.

but they are natural feelings.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 10:59 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• lately very jealous of woman on here with a healthy child and a husband
    husband can even not help with chores
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it is all relative

vacation is a shower every other day
    well behaved child=mine has autism-if at store and she does not have autism outburst where i have to leave the sore is a good outing
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I was good friends with a girl who I went to elementary and middle school with.. We wound up going to different high schools and I met my husband, dropped out of school bc of family issues (parents were drug addicts, had to raise younger siblings).. Got pregnant at 19 then married at 21.. I do have a house and a great family.. But she wound up going to college, travels the world now.. Travels across the states.. Has family in Germany and travels to Europe and all multiple times per year.. Still single and with a great career.. I love my family, but I can only imagine the what ifs.. Like what if I were able to go to college and actually persue my dreams.. Not to mention she is the most beautful person Ive seen (looks like Adriana Lima's twin, no lie!) ..But Im going to community college this year and am going for daycare, but would eventually like to go for teaching.. So, I will also get to travel and go to school, just later!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I should also mention that Ive been with the same man since I was 15 years old, and Im now 22.. We are married with a nice house, and a healthy son, and we're also raising my youngest sibling. Im a SAHM and my husband works hard to support his family. I just wish I would have got the chance to finish school, go to college and travel a little.. But like I said, I will thoroughly enjoy those things soon enough, still get a little green with envy though when thinking of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• you should never measure yourself but what you see on the outside of others , because you never now what happens behind closed doors
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Personally no, there's no one i'm jealous of. My life isn't perfect but I love every bit of it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010