How early did u pierce ur daughters ears and how much does it hurt them?

i wanna pierce my daughters ears but im worried about how much it will hurt her she is only 6 weeks and what is involved?

srolda617

Asked by srolda617 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I pierced my daughter ears when she was 8 months old..
    she did cry but it ended quickly.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I had my daughters done at the pediatricians office. They are obviously sterile and I trusted their equipment. My daughter was under 8 months. Talk to her pedi and see what age they will do it. It hurt for just a second, but my daughter is 22 months now and LOVES showing off her earrings.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My daughter was 6 months and I had it done right at the pedi's office. She cried for maybe 30 seconds.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Wow, it's amazing how in today's time people are more exceptable about this subject. My oldest daughter back in 1987 got her done when she was 5 months old. My MIL went with me to get it done and I walked away because I didn't want to hear her cry....then in 1990 my second daugher, we decided to get it done but she was older...8 months old..I sat in the seat with her and when we had it done...she screamed...and people were starring at us....I guess back then they thought it was abuse and hated moms who did it....My third daughter got her's done when she was 2 years old....for me it seems the younger they are it's better, but the older they get they notice it more. I say get it done as soon as you can. Now...if only I could figure out a way to get my teacup chihuahua's done and she look cute too!!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Watch out- I asked a similar q to this last week- and got told I wanted to "slut" my child out, and I had no rite putting holes in her body without her say.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I pierced my daughter's ears when she was an infant, she cried for a minute but then it was over.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I plan on waiting until DD is old enough to ask for them. I don't feel it's my right to make that decision for her.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I took my daughter at 3 weeks old to get them done. Everyone told me "NO WAY" they could not do it until she was 2 months and first set of shots. So that's what I did after 2 month check up, that next day they were done. She cried a few seconds then fell back to sleep. It is very easy on them to do it younger is what I have herd....!!! So, that's how we did it. My girl friend gave her daughter tylenol a half hour before she took her in said her daughter hardly made a peep! Good luck
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my 2 oldest i had them done when they were 2 months old here they wouldnt do it till then after there 2 month shots they cryed a lil bit but no more then when they got there shots .... with my 3rd i kept putting it off she just had hers done a few months back shes almost 3 i will never wait that long again now she wont even let my look at her ears she remembers the pain as soon as my 4th dd gets her 2 month shots i will be takin her to do it asap im not going to wait again
    puppet24

Answer by puppet24 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I got both of my daughters ears pierced at a young age 6 and 3 months. It is much easier for you to take care of them! Yes they cry for a few moments but all you have to do is cuddle them and they feel better! My now 2 yr old just realized that she had ear rings after I got my now 7 month olds pierced. So she never played with them! Just do the cleaning when they are sleeping!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008