If your a christian, and voted for obama...

how can you explain yourselves? How can your vote for a president that is for abortion, and gay marriage? That is obviously not what God wants for this country. Do you honestly think that God will not judge you for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, well, not a christian here, but you have some wrong info there. Obama is NOT for abortion or gay marriage. I don't think anyone is "for" abortioin...Obama's stance is in the event of rape, incest, or danger to mother's life, it should be an option for a woman. Up to a certain point. He does NOT support partial birth abortions. On the matter of gay marriage, he is not for redefining the definition of marriage. He is for the gay partners to have the same legal rights that heteros are. Its as simple as that. But, on another topic...why should it matter what belief system you have...separation of church and state should be and will be upheld.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If Obama is not for abortion then why is his first promise to sign the Freedom of Choice Act?????????????????????????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Slcmommy - if Obama was not for abortion would he be pro-life?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

Did you not read my response? Or are you just looking to argue?
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• God gave us FREE WILL --- and I intend to do the same!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

No, he's prochoice, not proabortion.
    SLCMOMMY

• SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!!!!!
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My God would vote for Obama.
    I think it's sad yours wouldn't...
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 11:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i can explain myself pretty easily.
    first, do you realize how little effect the president has on abortion rights? sure, obama is pro-choice but there aren't going to be more abortions because he is president just like there wouldn't be fewer abortions if mccain had been elected. there has been a pro-life president in office for 8 years and nothing changed. furthermore, out of the last 30 years a democrat has only been in office for 8. the republican presidents have appointed supreme court justices and guess what--nothing has changed in terms of abortion being legal. it is not a factor for me when voting.
    second, obama and mccain agree on same sex rights for couples so i don't know what exactly you're getting at here. obama is not for gay marriage but for same sex unions and for same sex relationships to be given the same rights as married couples--he and mccain share this view.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Wow...to ask this question and HIDE behind ANON...what are you afraid of? Hummmm???? No God WILL NOT hold us accountable or punish us for this! Although I DO NOT agree with abortion it is not MY business who chooses to do so, as long as they were given other options and then make their choice....Gay people...ummm last I checked they are PEOPLE TOO! No I am not even for gay marriage or even people being gay...because that's WHO I AM and WHAT I BELIEVE....but it's none of my business what or how they choose to live...I will not treat them any different.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008