What a ITCH! What would you do?

I went into the hospital yesterday I was having contraction 1-2 min apart lasting about 60 seconds to a 1 min.. Well I was having more contraction then the women who was in labor. ( I could see the screen that was monitoring her contraction.) Well They were painful and it seems to be getting worse but after two hours they got better and started to space out and I thank goodness for that and my son started moving which is good considering I was contracting lots and I wasn't able to feel him.. Each Contraction caused pain in my hips and made it hard to walk. Anyways the nurse was a bitch! She was really rude and said that my pain isn't jusified and that I should just go home and have a glass of water cause it will help. She was rushing to get me out of there and it was irritating. Then to top that off my doctor measured me at 3cm and thin. She doesn't know how to check a cervix and said I was a one and thick. another nurse came in and the doctor confirmed that I was still a 3cm.. WTF what would you do? She must had her job and she is crazy I don't like her and I wish I didn't have to deal with her when I went in.

WOULD YOU CALL AND COMPLAIN IF IT MEANS SHE WILL GET FIRED?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She won't get fired. This is part of what women deal with when they deliver in the hospital.

Does your health care provider deliver in a different place? Are you able to switch to a birth center or have your provider come to your home for your delivery?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:00 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would talk to management or the doctor himself. The doctor is the one who will send you home not the nurse. If you are worried talk to someone be stern, remember you are the one paying these doctors for GOOD care. If you are worried than they should at least put you to ease if they feel it is right to send you home. Don't leave without answers from someone other than that nurse.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I can't do home birth were high risk. Birth center isn't covered by my insurance. She is just really rude and I can't stand how she treats me! I have never been treated so rudly and she is the only nurse that is that way. I have worked with other nurses and she is the only one. I get stuck with her cause her rooms are always open when I go in. Now I know why cause no one wants her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• she wouldnt get fired but yes you may want t call human resourses to put in a complaint. keep in mind when you go into labor for good maybe you wont get her as a nurse maybe you will go into labor in the early morning or on a shift she doesnt work. nurses rotate shifts every 12hours i believe so stay positive and remember even if shes a b...ch at the end your getting a wounderfull baby and nothing else will matter.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• talk to your doctor and request that you do not have her. there is a nurse in my hospital that i do not like and did not want during my labors or deliveries, i let my midwife know and she made sure i did not ever have her.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• When you actually do go back into the hospital in labor and you happen to get her as a nurse again I would tell them that you do NOT want her in there with you because of your bad experiences last time.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I just contacted the hospital and informed them and I hope something is done. I will also talk to my doctor about not getting her cause I really don't feel comfortable with her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i would demand you dont have her you have the right to refuse anything even whos caring for you!!!!
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Bad bedside manner.. i would file a complaint.. she may need some disipline and need to be retaught how to deal with women..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010