Sharpie Marker

Any ideas on how to get it off my toodler's face and my lap top?

LoLLiPoPm0m

Asked by LoLLiPoPm0m at 11:02 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• rubbing alcohol works great on sharpie markers. where on your labtop is it though? i dont know that id put rubbing alcohol on my screen.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My son wrote all over his hands with a sharpie and scrubbing him with baby wipes took it off. not sure about the lap top.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Trace over it with a highlighter then wipe it away. I'm referring to the laptop not your LO's face.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• baby wipes, warm soapy washcloth in the bathtub. it isn't that hard to get off skin. as for the computer, live and learn - i have never attempted to remove my own marker mistakes from mine.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:08 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Rubbing alcohol isn't going to hurt your screen. It's actually ideal for cleaning LCD displays because it evaporates so quickly.
    The chemicals in sharpies are non-polar. Anything water based is polar, so it's not going to be effective. Acetone, however, is also very polar. Acetone-based nail polish remover will remove sharpie from almost everything. You won't even have to scrub - the acetone will just melt it off.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• acetone is non-polar. that's what i meant.
    Jenny-talia