Do you or have you ever had an STD? If Yes how has it affected your life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• My ex was my STD. LOL
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope but there's been opportunity for it to happen. I just happened to luck out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Never had one. I've never been with but one man, and that man is my husband of almost 46 years. There has been so much security in knowing I've never had to worry about infections from the outside. So, I believe there's something to be said for doing things the "old-fashioned" way!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Same here. I lucked out as well.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nope, thank god
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• NannyB...I'm so glad you've been so lucky but just so everyone knows that being married doesn't necessarily mean you may not get an STD from your partner. My mother had a childhood friend that was married for about 38 years to the same man. Never been with anyone else when she finds out that she had AIDS and then of course, so did he. This was about 15 years ago, when then didn't have all these fancy "T" cell cocktails and AIDS was a death sentence. Needless to say, they died in the same hospital...ironically her before him. I have never had an STD but when my husband cheated last year, one of the signs was that I got the worse yeast infection of my life and this was caused because he had unprotected sex and the exchange of florias between two women. In other words, his selfish, adventure seeking ass could have killed me.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• wow !!! Shouldaveleft that is scary. !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Never had a STD but just like Shouldhaveleft said just because you married it don't prevent you from getting one.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:47 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes, sadly even being married is no guarantee. My parents were friends with another couple years ago. My mom was babysitting the wife's two small sons so she could go to a doctor's appointment. When she came back she was crying and before my mom could get us out into the yard to play, I heard her sobbing to my mom that she had herpes. Her husband tried to convince her she got it from a public bathroom. They didn't last long after that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• wildflowers, but herpes can be gotten from other things besides an affair. Cold sores are herpes, generally type 1, but either type 1 or 2 can be spread to anywhere on the body.....heck her mother could have had it, never had an outbreak to know she had it and passed it on to her daughter.

1 in 4 people have either type 1 or 2 and most of those have never had an outbreak or realize they have it.

I thought I had herpes from a boyfriend, I accepted it, my then boyfriend...now husband accepted it. But all I had was a diagnosal from looking at what I thought was an outbreak (no ins. at the time). And when I became pregnant with our daughter the blood work showed neither type, so didn't have herpes after all, but we had lived over a deal accepting I did and not letting it effect us
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010