Terror in the backyard. Sting at Christmas Tree lighting nets 1 Somali teen.

Federal agents in a sting operation arrested a Somali-born teenager just as he tried blowing up a van he believed was loaded with explosives at a crowded Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, authorities said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/27/feds-somali-born-teen-plotted-car-bombing-ore/

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:23 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing is sacred to these barbarians, not even a Christmas event. :-(

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 12:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• LOL, Gal. I was just going to say, you mean it wasn't a plane?

I'm telling you, they are going to be xraying us at every street corner soon.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:30 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yep. They're already moving away from planes onto other things while we're still looking for them in the airports.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I read this earlier this morning ... my first thought (look it didn't happen on a plane and TSA had nothing to do with) .... Here's to FBI sting operations.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Awfully QUIET in here isn't it?! Where's "Sybil?!" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• The religion of peace strikes again.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We got lucky this time ...

Why can't those yearning to explode do so out in the middle of nowhere? Is there some sort of genetic defect that causes this?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thank God the authorities caught this!!!

I agree ladies, the Muslim extremist terrorist don't need planes! They flew in way before this extreme TSA crap began or came across the Mexican border and are most likely already in our larger cities, which could affect just about any of us. But the truth be known, they can be anywhere they choose to be; simply because WE, the citizens of the United States, are the one's who are being PROFILED!!! WE have been "forced" and "fundamentally transformed," by the progressives and their union buddies, into the "we must feel sorry for the criminals" and the "we must be politically correct" PROFILE...

Bring on the down votes...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• YS, I agree with you as far as having sympathy for those Muslims that aren't part of any extremist faction, but I also won't let them off the hook. Allowing someone to do something so heinous in the name of one's god and either doing nothing or ignoring it makes one partially responsible (like knowning your BF is molesting your baby and doing nothing sort of responsible).

Like you, if someone of my faith did this and tried to blame my god for their actions I would be screaming bloody murder as well ... and I don't even WANT to understand why other Muslims are NOT doing the same. I want to know why the loudest howls come from those telling others they are 'wrong' and to stop talking about Islam/Muslims 'that' way when they should be howling at those who demean them.

Sorry, but what is WRONG is what the terrorists do. What is WRONG is that no one within the very religion responsible will lift a finger to make it stop.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yelling "Allahu Akbar!" -- Arabic for "God is great!" -- Mohamud tried to kick agents and police after he was taken into custody, according to prosecutors.

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 12:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010