My Father always... adult content

Used to wait until the night before Christmas to get a tree, because at closing time on xmas eve the lots in our area would throw them out and thats when my Dad would go out a pick one from outside a lot.. Then we would stay up late decorating.. He was just too lazy and cheap to actually pay for a tree.. And you know, he would be ripping it down like two days after xmas and tossing it outside, lol.... Would you ever do this, just for a free tree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well anonymous at least he got you a tree!!!!...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 12:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• How do you know he was lazy and cheap. Most kids don't know the family's finances. He probably did what he had to do to give you and your family a nice Christmas. BTW, I think that sounds like a good Christmas tradition. I would have loved to stay up and decorate the tree.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• One year, when my ex husband and I were flat broke, we actually HAD to wait until Christmas eve when they threw them away. We got a huge beautiful tree that probably cost $100. My ex pulled it from the dumpster and we lovingly decorated it and put our $.99 cent store gifts under it for our son to open on Christmas morning.
    As pathetic as it sounds, it's actually a happy memory.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think your father was doing the best he could to supply his family, you as a child could not have known his finances and this tradition sounds great to me, no need to degrade the man is there?

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wouldnt bother putting up one at all
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:45 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i think it was nice of him to do what he could to give you guys a tree. some families struggle so hard they can't afford to one at all.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no i jus buy a fake one that way it last me acouple of years.
    susie276

Answer by susie276 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It used to be a tradition to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. Families would have Christmas parties and decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. The family (Mom and kids) would string the popcorn and cranberries for the garland while Dad was out getting and setting up the tree. Then they would all decorate it.

Two years ago, I didn't get our tree until a week before Christmas. I got a real tree (6-ft) for $3.00 at Walmart. It was decorated two days before Christmas.

Now days, we (general) put the tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Its not that he couldnt afford a tree. He was just a complete piece of shit for a Father and would rather spend his money partying and smoking crack.. Pumping hundreds of dollars into the poker machine. He never was home and when he was he was sleeping for days at a time. Trust me, he was a horrible Father.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• why is this marked tmi?
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010