Real or fake tree?

Pros & Cons to each?

CayShek

Asked by CayShek at 11:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• There is nothing like a real tree and the smell of pine. Fake ones look just that fake!

Answer by older at 11:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do fake because I can't deal with the mess.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Always real! Fake feels fake.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• ive always wanted a real one but have never actually gotten one. my friend does though and i love going over this time of year and being overwhelmed by the smell of pine. it's the true "Christmas" smell! maybe when my kids are all over 5 we will start buying real ones. for now, we go with the fake and pre-lit kind. the only hassle about it is how flat it gets from sitting in the box all year, and having to fluff it out again!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Last year, we did a real tree. The mess was unreal. I will never do a real tree again! Also, real trees are not flame retardent. If you like the smell of pine, buy some air freshener.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 11:55 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Fake
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 11:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Real! I tried the fake tree for a year and it really just isn't the same. So that one got relegated to the kitchen and I have gone back to getting a nice big 8 ft pine-smelling, fluffy, wonderful, real tree for the living room.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• fake no mess
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We do fake because it came with lights already attached and it was only $4 a few years back after Christmas time when it went on clearance. If and when we get a house, I want a real one the first year.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We have always done fake....
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 12:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010