Should I have called?

Okay picture this 3 best friends all of us work at the same place all of us got pregnant around the same time (no was not planned. Anyways my first friend was futher along than us she had complications with her pregnancy. She ended up going on early maternity leave was hospitalized I called every day and tried to visit when ever I could. The other friend visit twice, once when she first went in the hospital second time when the baby was born. She never called even when she found out the baby was going to have to stay in the hosptial. First friend come back maternity leave months later second friend leaves for maternity leave, me and first friend called every day when she had the baby I was not able to visit because I had a nasty cold I explain it to her, and when I was well I made a point to visit her. Her baby is 4wks now and I try calling her whenever I get a chance. Now that I am on maternity leave and trying to get thing done before my lo gets her I haven't had time to call anyone. The first friend makes a habit of checking on me everyday. Well yesterday I give my second friend a called to see how her and the lo was doing and she had the nerve to jump down my throat for not calling her on Thanksgiving Day. WTF I feel like maybe should have called to check on me since I am the one that is about to pop anyday now. What do you ladies think?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 12:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I think she should have called you. I mean you called her while she was in the hospital why can't she think of you while you are there?
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think it's hormones. It takes a while for them to settle down after having babies

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think that she has a new baby and is probably sleep deprived and/or extremely exhausted just from Thanksgiving. I wouldn't take it personally.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think she is under a lot of stress and took it out on you....if she wanted to talk to you on Thanksgiving she should have called you....I wouldn't worry about it, and blow it off as stress....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think you are both acting like children. Hormones are no excuse to act all tempermental. You should both realize that the other does have a life to live outside of checking in on one another. Appreciate the friendship you have. Let the small things slide and if you can't them don't bitch about the drama the two of you thrive on.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 12:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think both of you are exceptionally hormonal right now, and just need to chill. Its really not that big of a deal.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It sounds a bit high-schoolish to me, so I think I would just let the whole thing go and stop trying to keep score of who called whom, when they called, and who should have called.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010