why is my period so off?

this is my friend profile, she letting me post this question. im so confused. i make sure i keep my stress down. since august my period has been 3days, first day heavy then spotting. its a 26day cycle lasts 5days. my last comeplete regular on time period was in july. october it was late a week and then lasted a week just heavy spotting. ive been nauseous, cramps almost everyday, urinating a lot more. ive taken urine tests all negative, blood test negative, pelvic exam everything fine, pelvic ultrasound fine. doctors says no stds and everything normal. my period is usually regular but lately i dont know why its so off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hun there is no inside clock in your body saying your period will be exactly the same each month. It can change anytime, even if you've had it for 3 years, 5 years, 20 years. You went to the doctor, your not pregnant, so what do you want the women on here to tell you????
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• stress, hormones, starting the "cycle of life" (as in menopause).....any number of things
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i keep my stress down and im 17.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• then you are early in your cycle. your bosy isn't always going to make your periods the same length, the same exact amount of blood, the same number of days...it can change and be heavier one month, lighter another, 5 days one month, 2 or 3 another.....it's not exact.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• ive had my period 7yrs almost. its been regular for 3.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i dont know. im just paranoid i guess. my mom got pregnant with me when she was my age and it may sound crazy but i have a weird connection to the stars and i just got this weird feeling about next month.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it's perfectly normal. your cycles get thrown off from stress, hormones, thyroid issues, and a lot of other things such as weight gain or weight loss. Just because you have been regular does not mean you will stay regular. Being paranoid about it is stress. if you are not wanting a baby right now, you need to use birth control or don't have sex.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I am 27 years old and have had my period since I was 12 and every few years it always changes up on me. It can also change if you are spending more time then usual with other females. Somehow our bodies will start to time itself with them. Change in activity such as exercising more or less then what you would normally do can alter it as well. And yes any kind of stress can alter it and if you are thinking you are pregnant or are stressing that you are then you can mess you cycle up and even experience signs of pregnancy. If you have had all the test and exams and the doctor says they are fine then you are fine. Just relax and let your body do its thing.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010