Do you have a new teen driver in your home?

My daughter will be 16 tomorrow...gotta get the license and insurance...I heard somewhere they get a discount for having good grades and for taking Drivers Ed, but it will be she wont get to take that till tomorrow. Have you done this already for you 16 year old, have they registered a vehicle at school yet?

luvmy4kidsinAL

Asked by luvmy4kidsinAL at 12:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Why would a vehicle get registered at school? How can your child afford gas and insurance?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Vehicle is registered at school for a parking permit. My boys didn't register at school until the day they could drive to school.
    Some states do NOT do good student or drivers ed discounts. Its all up to the individual state. Our state does not do drivers ed discounts because EVERYONE under the age of 18 MUST have drivers ed to get their permit or license.
    And not everyone has their children pay for their own gas and insurance.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 17 and going to take her test for her license next week. I found her a little Ford Taurus which should be cheaper on gas than the truck she wanted. In our state, you don't have to have driver's Ed if you wait until you are 17 to get your license. She I'll get a parking pass at school after she gets her license and her ar is tagged. By the way, since I bought the car, it is in my name and will stay that way until she can pay for it herself. She will be unpleasantly surprised when she realizes that I am not putting an infinite amount of gas in her car. She keeps saying she can't wait until she drives and can go wherever she wants, whenever she wants. While I will give her gas money to run herself to the places I would have been taking her, I will not be supplying her with a ktank of gas every other day. She really has another thing coming.
    Mtdewjunkie

Answer by Mtdewjunkie at 10:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010