Any body else's kid...?

eat better if they're not at the table?
my 2 yr old will just nibble if he's sitting at the table...granted, yes, of course I want him to learn that we eat at the table...but he just doesn't eat like I think he should...
but if he can come and go as he pleases (he's a BIG grazer) he eats so much better...

ugh. what to do?

-mrs.mamma-

Asked by -mrs.mamma- at 12:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always leave my daughters food on the table, sometimes she will finish it and sometimes not, but I leave it there just in case, I usually throw it out when we go to bed at night, lol. And all the others before the next meal, if she hasn't eaten it by the next meal, then I guess she has no intentions to, lol.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 12:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My DD just turned 3 now and STILL is doing this.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• thanks for the reply :)
    -mrs.mamma-

Comment by -mrs.mamma- (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I make him eat all meals at the table. If I let him run around, he would never eat.
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• and Jax is the opposite..he doesn't eat much at the table...but if he can come and go as he wants, he eats so much better.
    -mrs.mamma-

Comment by -mrs.mamma- (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do not hover over my son at dinner. IF I did, he is gets stubborn and refuses to eat.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My daughter doesn't eat well at the table and never has. Very few people in my family actually stay at the table while they're eating, though, so maybe that's why. She eats better if she's allowed to stand, even if she's standing beside the table. I'm not sure what to do about that, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• try getting him to the table and when he starts picking let him get up maybe for a few minutes. my nephew is like that, he just gets bored of sitting there and wants to go play. we let him get up then ask him to come back and eat some more and that usually does the trick. also leaving food on the table that he can get too when he wants it is a good idea too. if you want him to learn to eat at the table make sure you are also eating at the table when you eat. if he sees you walking around the house eating then he's gonna think that it's ok cause mommy does it. just some suggestions hope it helps.
    eekenney1980

Answer by eekenney1980 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 28, 2010