Ever made a quilt?

Once I finish this weeked with the Crib Mobile I am making I will be making a pillow for my SIL´s son and I will be looking into making a quilt.. I dont know how to do it, so I am looking for a page that will instruct me through the process, though I have a general idea.. I am excited! Ever made one? Pics?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have made several quilts....it's not as hard as you may thing....if you know your way around a sewing machine and fabric you should be fine. I would buy a pattern book to help point you in the right direction. but a few tips I didnt know.....after you put the front together, Iron it before you put it with the middle and back piece....I hate ironing but it really does help. actually you should really iron alot through putting the whole front together. then when you want to put the three pieces together to quilt them....baste them together with safety pins. the safety pins should all be about an inch to two inches apart over the whole blanket( yes its the worst part trying to put them all it!) but you need it so your material stays in place when you sewing it. oh and invest in a walking foot for your sewing machine....there like $40 but they put all the material through toghether so it doesnt bunch. oh and the easiet place to
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• put your blanket pieces together and pin them is a floor so you can lay it all out....if you need any help just shoot me an email i'll help you if i can. :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 12:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i helped make one a few years ago. have not attempted one alone yet.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Finkette, thank you SOO much ! I will probably be contacting you in the next few days!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• The pic hadn´t loaded, your quilt is super cute!
    Luisa621

Comment by Luisa621 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yeah its not my best one I kinda did that quick for a baby shower...i kept putting it off :( but i lost the pics for my others quilts.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010