what do i do about my daughter whan she needs to be potty trained?

Angelbug07

Asked by Angelbug07 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 16 months and I bought her a potty training DVD that she can watch as well as her Potty so she can get used to and understand the potty and how to use it. b4 having to use it. and she has already gone number 2 in it!!! CONGRATS FOR HER!!!
    mommysterling2

Answer by mommysterling2 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• My daughter kinda trained herself!!! When she was about 2.5 I brought her potty out to the livingroom where we play and do almost EVERYTHING and let her run around with a big shirt and no panties on for a few days. She started slow, has a few accidents on the floor, but them one day, just got it!! She ran to the potty when she got the feeling and we had a HUGE PEE PEE PARTY! Once she got the idea, we started putting panties on her and she had a little bit of a hard time getting them down (buy them bigger) but once she did, no probs. I even put a potty in her room for naps and nighttime so she didn't have to go in the big bathroom alone.  Also, in the beginning I tried using pull-ups at nap & bedtime, but it would just confuse her, she'd have accidents when we'd first take them off, so instead, I bought a rubber sheet for her mattress and kept a potty in the car so when she's gotta go, she can go and she's had no accidents yet!
    sweetsillygirls

Answer by sweetsillygirls at 5:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008