My son either wont or cant seem to poop?! Help!

I have tried everything. Dr says he is just ready to be potty trained it think they are honestly full of it. My son is 22 months old and for past 3 weeks hasn't had a normal bowel movement. I have tried prune juice, apple juice, fiber gummies, having him eat fiber filled foods, cut the milk out of his diet, suppositories and he still is yet to be regular. We are gonna do a suppository each day for a week and see if this doesn't help but why all of a sudden can he not poop?! He used to be so regular! Now he can't even poop a turd without crying or straining and when he does strained he only usually makes skid marks so it takes a suppository to get him to poop a turd. Yesterday he was so bound up after the suppoistory kicked in he pooped approx a 4" long turd that was about the size of two quarters around :( It was awful. I need help? What else can i do? anything?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my girl is on marlax and that seems to help. Plus lay them on their back and pedal their legs like riding a bike. some fiber is good but I read some fiber foods can make more constation. If in doubt I would get him checked out. My girls was the same way and would only go at night. Found her kidneys were enlarged and blocking colon and her bladder for a 5 year is the size of an adults. Had to do catadids on her. So do what you can and then get checked out cause never know if something is wrong. Maybe even a warm bath might help. Keep me informed please cause I will be thinking of you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• All I can say is just keep trying giving UR son some PRUNE JUICE. Or maybe U can get UR son 2 drink a bottle of CHOCLOATE milk maybe that might HELP.
    Cuteone52

Answer by Cuteone52 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Dr. on call had me give 1 tablespoon of mineral oil in juice to my son once a day till he had bm. Then whenever he would need it. No more than 1 tablespoon a day. Raisin Bran and Cheerios work like a charm also, at least on my son.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010