i am 8 weeks preg today and ...

i am 8 weeks preg today and i am 5"5" i only weigh 113 pounds my normal weight should be around 115 for my age and height, my age being 19.

I was wondering why i am only 113 when i eat way more than usual considering im preg? is this bad and how much should i gain through my full preg???

thank you and noted facts i have no morning sickness so thats not a cause for me being only 113.
PLEASE HELP

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 1:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The process of the baby growing burns calories. I actually LOST weight during my pregnancy. Even at 9 months pregnant, I was 8 pounds lighter than my pre pregnancy weight. Doc said it wasn't a problem since the baby was growing fine. Since you are still in the early stages, it is fine that you have not gained any weight.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You do not have to be exactly a certain weight. You are only 2 lbs off. Just continue to eat healthy and the baby will grow and gain the weight it needs.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I didn't gain a pound with this or my last pregnancy. I lost about 15lbs with each one. I ate like I suppose to but didn't gain and ended up having a 9lbs baby.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 1:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• The general healthy amount of weight to gain during pregnancy is about 135lbs.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're only 8 wks. You won't even start showing for a few more months.

Eat healthy and get plenty of good exercise while you are pregnant. Nothing too boisterous, but WALK, WALK, WALK!! Walking will help get your birthing muscles in shape. Also, look into Prenatal Yoga. It's WONDERFUL.

Take your prenatals and questions like this are always good things to ask your doctor about.

Also, I would personally advise, if you can, to drink whole milk while you're pregnant. You need all the calcium that you can get and it can help your baby from being lactose intolerant. Try to limit your soda intake and drink LOTS of water. It will help keep your skin clear 'cause acne happens a lot during pregnancy.

And don't subscribe to the whole "eating for two" thing. That can actually be pretty unhealthy.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

__________________________________________________________________________________

LOL where on earth did you hear that? The average healthy weight gain during pregnancy is 25-35 pounds, not 135
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it's fine. A growing baby is going to take what it needs from your body. I would not go over 20 pounds gain in the entire pregnancy. You don't need to eat alot more. A PB&J contains all the "extra" calories you need to maintain a healthy pregnancy. As long as you are eating appropriately you need not worry. Baby will put on most of it's weight during the last trimester. Your doctor will let you know if he/she becomes concerned about baby's growth or your weight.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• During my 1st trimester I lost 6lbs and my OB said that was ok as long as the baby was growing.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 2:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Its fine if you are really concerned talk to your Doctor GL :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010