do sweatpants kill a marriage?

a friend of mine (she always looks amazing) insists that wearing old sweatpants and frumpy clothes,even at home kills a marriage because men need visuale stimulation and since when they see other women(at work,store,bar)they are usally dressed nice, that men are more likly to cheat if u are always in sweatpants. what do u guys think???

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree. I think we need to look nice when our husband's come home. Make-up, hair brushes, dressed. If they see us looking like bums all the time it probably takes a toll on how think of us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Your friend is right about visual stimulation, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it will kill a marriage.

Answer by older at 1:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't know if I'd go that far either, it's not like it will kill a marriage that isn't already in trouble but yes, I think we need to try & look cute for our man, it's not that hard, there are comfy things you can wear that look cute. I like my black yoga pants & tank tops with wrap around sweaters.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• In my house it isn't an issue. However, that is almost word for word why my brother divorced his wife. It was like...she had a baby, quit working and quit caring. When they met she was dressed to the nines every day.It seemed like the more my brother gave her and helped her...the less she did. The last 6 months they lived together I never saw her out of sweatpants, never had her hair done, no make up...just frimp. I think it can be a valid point to some degree. I'm not saying you have to wear makeup...but I guarantee you if she had done her hair neatly and put on regular clothes part of the time it would have helped a lot.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• You're friend is technically correct but extreme.  If you are always frumpy then yes, it could have detrimental effect on a marriage but occasionally wearing something frumpy isn't going to do any harm.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Not communicating, Trust issues, Infidelity there are a whole array of issues that can kill a marriage Hopefully sweatpants are just a speed bump and do not cause a marriage to breakup but yes visual stimulation is a must! Women and Men should always try to look there best and look good for not only themselves but for there partner :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No issue here! I mean I wear nice jeans and shirts out but at home I am almost always in PJ's. 7 years no problems.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Poor hygiene kills a marriage. It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as you bathe and brush your teeth. LOL

makeup

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 2:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well, 15 years of me being comfy on weekends and evenings in my sweats would argue otherwise. But maybe that's because it's so easy for me to pull them down to flash him ;-). And if he had a problem with me wearing them he wouldn't have gotten them for me - all my sweats are his high school football team's (he coaches).
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I just asked my husband about this and he said he likes my lounge pants because I look less high maintenance and they are easier to get off of me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010