I Lost My Mucus Plug...What Does It Mean?

I was 2 cm dialated and 50 % effaced on Wednesday after being closed on Monday. I had terrible cramping pains and back pain yesterday but no contractions. In the middle of the night, I lost my mucus plug. What does this mean? Everyone is telling me labor will begin soon but I haven't bled or anything like that. This waiting game is a killer especially since I was in so much pain yesterday! Another side note, I've had 2 LEEP's so I have a weakened cervix. I am so ready to have this baby!!

B_Vail

Asked by B_Vail at 1:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It means the end is near........

Answer by older at 1:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i lost my mucas plug and went into labor 3 days later!! start walking if u want to start labor!! good luck baby will b here before u know it!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well, it could mean labor is on it's way or it could mean nothing at all. lol. Some women will loose there plug as early as 20 weeks. Others never at all. Cramping and back pain sounds like it could be coming though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• it can mean labor is close, but some ladies lose it several times or lose it and still not go into labor for days or weeks. Are you still having the back pains???? Some women don't have traditional contractions, but waves of back pains. When I was induced with my son I didn't feel a thing in my belly or uterus, it was all like a really, really bad back ache
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010