Prego on Mirena? (TMI) adult content

I've had my Mirena in for about 6 months now. And for the first month and a half I bled, and nothing since. Except the entire time I've had super annoying pregnancy symptoms. (I search answers here already btw and I apologize for the redundancy) But the last week has just been off. Worse than usual. My cramping got worse. (and TMI-my sex drive spiked like crazy) Yesterday I spotted a little. And then my cheeseburger from McD's which I love tasted.. off. And in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason I was violently ill. No new foods, no bug just violently ill. And then I felt fine. And today I started spotting again. It feels like all my prego symptoms are on steroids. My Doctor reassured me the last time I called about prego symptoms that I wasn't and everything was fine. But this feels completely different then the normal Mirena inspired symptoms. Any ideas? Is it just Mirena?

ExenoRainbow

Asked by ExenoRainbow at 1:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal not to have regular periods on Mirena. If you are worried about pregnancy, take a pregnancy test- the Mirena won't affect the test results either way.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I haven't had a single period on the Mirena and I've had it for 2 years now. Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of cramping and it worried me so I took a pregnancy test and it was negative Thank God. Anyway, since that cheeseburger tasted off, maybe it really was? Go get a home pregnancy test to be sure. I'm scheduling an appt. to make sure that mine is still where it's supposed to be and I'm really considering getting it taken out. I've had cramps for months now with some days being worse than others. I'm starting to worry that it may have punctured my uterus. Either way, go get tested immediately. Getting pregnant with an IUD can be very dangerous!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010