Have you ever had a stronger bond with one child over the other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, the bond is the same but you treat them according to personalities.

Answer by older at 1:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes. I boned much better with my DD. I love them the same I treat them the same but I don't mix well with my son. Our personalities are to much the same. We don't 'mix well. I would do anything in the world for him though!!
    Anonymous

• no-I love my kids differently because they have different personalities, though when it comes right down to it, the mama bear love that I feel for both of them is the same.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 1:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Truthfully, my bond with my youngest tends to be the strongest, but it's not for the whole "it's cause he's the baby" thing.

I've had to work really hard at re-fortifying my bond with my oldest two children because right before I got pregnant with my youngest, they were taken from me by DHS (long story, but it basically boiled down to that they were accusing me and my ex-husband of neglecting my daughter because she was failure to thrive, but what it actually was with her was that she had Infant Reflux and had a hard time maintaining or gaining weight). It took almost 2 years to get them back. So, for a while, the only child I had in the home was my youngest and I'd only get to visit my older two for like an hour once a week.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Mind you, of course, that never meant I loved my older two any less. Not at all! But because of all this shit with DHS, I was robbed of maintaining the bond I had with them in such a crucial time of their early development. Because of it, their reactions to me were rather aloof there for a while in many ways. But I've had them back with me since April of 2008 and I always make sure to let them know how much I love them and show them affection and give them huggles and snuggles and lovin's so my bond with my older two is almost completely back to the way it once was.
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have a 22 year old boy and an almost 17 year old year...I wouldn't say stronger but I would say, different type of bond. They are both amazing children and other than minor teenage stuff, neither has really ever given me a lick of trouble.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't think my bond is necessarily stronger with one child over the others, but I can say that I find some of my kids easier to understand or relate to. My son and my youngest daughter are more like me in terms of how they process emotions and deal with them... I feel I understand them. My middle child reminds me so much of my husband in how she deals with things... I never really know how she's feeling and sometimes feel like I really don't understand where she's coming from.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no ,i love them the same,both has different traits,they shine in different areas.
    COCOAPOD

Answer by COCOAPOD at 10:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010