Happy with Wal-Mart's Black Friday sales?

I personally do not like Wal-Mart-I feel that they have lost the concept of "customer service"; I find the employees rude; and their return policy sucks! So I steer clear of them! I was wondering about other's experiences on Black Friday; my sister's MIL went with her SIL to purchase the laptop that they had on sale at a killer price. They went early; were there at the 5:00 start time at the front of the line- and when they opened the doors they were first to the computer section of the store to find out that they could not purchase the computer at the advertised price. They would have had to be there at midnight to get a voucher to buy the computer; then back to the store at 3 am to have the voucher validated; and only then could they purchase the computer at 5 a.m.! Of course none of this was publicized before the event-you had to be there! I call BULLSHIT on Wal-Mart; and just added this info to one more reason I will never darken their door again!

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• People there for the midnight sales were given tickets for the 5am sales prices and waited. If they only had a certain number per store they could easily have been gone by the time 5 am got there. Ours had 150 of them and most people in the store at 12 already had all the tickets and were laying in the aisles sleeping waiting for 5.

I went for the viedo games and movies....they made a seperate line but poeple were coming out of that section literally with 50+ games and movies on their arms, I bought one thing and the game i wanted was long gone after waiting over 2 hours to get in the section
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Mark everything up 80% to mark it down for Black Friday, to make it look like you got a good deal. I refuse. The "hot toy of the year" is usually forgotten about in three months, or broken on the bottom of the toy box....our Walmart wasn't too bad this year though. I had to get some milk and it didn't seem too bad.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I usually buy my milk at costco; 2 gallons for $3.96. Best deal around here! And yes-I have walked into costco and walked out with just 2 gallons of milk! LOL
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 3:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do not shop on black friday but I saw it advertised that electronics did not go on sale till 5 am
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i didn't go out this year..shopped last week..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I got one of those laptops for $198. I got to the store at 10:00 that night and got in line. We were told that they would hand out tickets at 1:00 and then we could leave and come back at 5:00 to pick one up. Then at 1:00 we got our tickets and were told that we had to wait in line until 5:00 and not go anywhere or they would take our ticket and our place in line. We had to ask for bathroom breaks and if you was gone for more than 15 minutes you still lost your place in line. I thought that was insane since the bathroom line was so long. But anyway I was there for my kids and I got what I wanted.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I got to the store at 10:00 that night and got in line. We were told that they would hand out tickets at 1:00 and then we could leave and come back at 5:00 to pick one up. Then at 1:00 we got our tickets and were told that we had to wait in line until 5:00 and not go anywhere or they would take our ticket and our place in line. We had to ask for bathroom breaks and if you was gone for more than 15 minutes you still lost your place in line.

***

Ever get the feeling that Walmart (and stores like them) makes you jump through all of their hoops for sh!ts and giggles?! I never understood WHY someone would allow themselves to be treated like cattle for the "privilege" of spending YOUR money to purchase one of their poorly "Made in China" pieces of crap--especially when there will "magically" be a SURPLUS of that same item the next week!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We boycott Walmart.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with HotMama we basically boycott Walmart also. My daughter has never bought one electronic thing from Walmart that has lasted any length of time at all. There stuff is cheap and too expensive for the quality you get.
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2010