would you buy your daughter a vibrator?

my theory is it cant her prego or give her a std. I wouldnt do it just out of no where and shed have to be a certain age but yeah what are your thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, that is a personal item that she would buy herself.

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• hell no
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would have to say no!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 1:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have heard 'experts' speak on both sides of this. One says it eliminates the curiosity of 'how it feels' and thus leaving them more liekly to abstain form sex longer. The other side says it leads to further curiosity... I think it depends on the child. Though I will not buy it. I will mention they exist and how they work.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope! If she wants one then she would have to buy it herself.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No, I can't see myself ever buying my daughter that.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think that would be crossing the boundary line from parent to friend. So I'd say no.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Umm...no. That's icky. Plus when I was a teenager, I wasn't concerned with just the mechanics of things. I had a boyfriend who I really loved and could have cared less about a vibrator. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have even known what to do with it. And say you get her one and she really likes it (yuck), then she may want to experience it with a real live boy. I think it's an all around bad idea and a boundary a mother should never cross.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think I would be traumatized for life if my mom gave me a vibrator! I've got no issue with masturbation and I've got no issue with my kids getting their own toys when they are teenagers... I just can't see purchasing it for them!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I had one when I was 15. It just pushed me to have real sex since the vibrator was awesome.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 2:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010