babies diaper rush

what do u do for diaper rush. my little boy has a red spot it hurts him when I wipe him and he cries whenever i want to change him which wasn t the case before this rush. i only use water now and a coat of destin cream.is there something else to do?

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use vasoline! Works great, my doctor recommended to me since diaper creams were not working.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 1:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If the desitin isn't helping with the diaper rash (not rush) I would call his pedi. There are perscription strength creams that can do a better job.

Also keep in mind that it can be the baby wipes causing the rash in the first place. Try cutting up a receiving blanket and using that slightly dampened as a baby wipe (soak once your are done and then toss them into the laundry)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Unrefined raw shea butter works wonders for this. If you have an herbal store in your area, I'm sure they carry it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It might be a yeast diaper rash. Gentian violet at 1% will take care of it. It is a dye but works great.
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 4:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Calmoseptine
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2010