Why was Tylenol Severe Allergy discontinued?

It's the only allergy medicine that works really well with my mother-in-law's sinuses. She can use the knock-off brands, but they don't work nearly as well. I can't find or figure out why this product was discontinued. When my store started marking them down to a clearance price, I snagged all of them for her and managed to use coupons and saved a boatload using those coupons.

What's a good brand to use in place of the Tylenol for severe allergy sufferers? Claritin and similar drugs do not work.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Health

• Are far as I know you can still get Pseudoephedrine, but you have to go to the pharmacy counter and sign away your first born child to get it. It is now a controlled substance. You don't have to have a prescription, but you do have to show your ID and sign for it so they can keep track of how much you are buying. They don't want you making meth out of it.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 1:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• More than likely it was reformulated without Pseudoephedrine and rebranded. Tylenol has done that with several products. Check their website.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Because it contained Pseudoephedrine HCl and that is no longer allowed in OTC medicines! It's a shame because I agree that it worked really well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If it was the Pseudoephedrine that was the most helpful ingredient, she's screwed to have to use lesser brands to cover her allergy symptoms.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• she should see a dr that could prescribe her something, since the OTC isn't available.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Can't go to the doctor right now; we don't have insurance.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010