Do you take your children out of the house when they have a cold?

I was curious as to if anyone took their kids out of the house when they were sick? Not the kind of sick that they are laying there, sleepy and wish not to move... but the king of sick where they are still running around playing but have a runny nose and cough.

cldetary

Asked by cldetary at 4:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Health

• Colds are one of those uncontrollable things, and life still goes on. If they are still running around, then they can go out and run some errands, just keep the tissues handy!
    Supermom253

Answer by Supermom253 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• yes, I take my girls out and we do our runs etc. A little fresh can't hurt them. Having them bottle up in the house I think can make it worst. Them running around can help the stuffy nose to break up and get out their little bodies faster.
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 4:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• schools don't consider colds reasons to miss a day. may as well get them used to it now.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Yes I take them out if they have colds. Will even get together with other kids...but I always tell the mom that they have colds. Usually I don't mind if a kid has a cold..they can last for a couple weeks and it sucks being stuck in the house thtat long. A fever though is another thing..
    allisonsmommy

Answer by allisonsmommy at 4:56 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• i do only after the third or fourth day i let them sit in the sun for a bit the sun helps them sweat and kill the batceria
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Yes! If you go somewhere in public, bring some of those antibacterial wipes, in case they sneeze on something. But yeah, getting out of the house can make a sick kid feel lots better!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I agree with everyone else--if they're not too sick, getting out of the house is great. I know I always get into a better mood if I can get out of the house if I'm only kind of sick.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 8:15 PM on Jul. 5, 2008