What are some ways to help my 2 weeks learn the difference between night and day??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All 5 of my kids were on a schedule from birth. Yes, they get up in the night because they need to eat, but they would go right back to sleep. What I did was wake them up at least every 3 hours during the day to eat, then at night I would let them sleep as long as they would. They learned fairly quickly to get their long sleeps in at night. Also make sure to expose them to natural light during the day.

Answer by missanc at 10:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• creating a routine.

Answer by older at 2:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i am guessing he or she is up all night and sleeps all day right ???
    well u can try and keep the baby up more during the day or and at 2 weeks they sleep alot anyway so you could try just cutting the last daytime nap out
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• During the day, make sure you have some sort of noise, open up your blinds to let light in and at night start settling him/her down, close blinds, limit light and noise! Eventually your child will get the hang of it! Good luck to you!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yeah I agree with CarriePM you can try to make a routine but its a little soon.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• 2 weeks?! I think you need to have a little more patience and wait until the baby is older.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• creating a routine. To help my kids out a little I have them sleep in a dark room and play in the day time. It's a little tiring at first but they'll get used to it right away.
    wolverinemama

Answer by wolverinemama at 3:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• what TsMommie said ^^^^^^^^.......my DD napped and was fed in the living room with noise and light all day and when it started to get dark outside, we moved to my bedroom, turned the TV way down, turned the lights out....night-time feedings and changes were also done in the dark and most of the time she never even opened her eyes for them....she was born in July so we would also spend a few min outside during the day to get some fresh air too and she liked that....she knew night from day starting at about a week and a half or two weeks...but as someone said above, YOU HAVE TO STICK TO THE PLAN. it may not be easy or convenient for you but when baby knows whats going on and what to expect its very comforting to them.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I have 4 boys and i think 2 weeks is a little early to try to make a scedule for the baby. With my 4 boys i was on their scedule for at least the first 4 months.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• time

Answer by rkoloms at 3:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2010