Do you read to your kids every day?

WhitleyLyles

Asked by WhitleyLyles at 3:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not anymore (they're 21 and 19)... but I did. Dh and I still read to each other all the time --bits out of novels or the paper, or from websites... and now my kids read to me, too. Have for years.

They're both avid readers and I think that's mainly because we read all the time around them, not just to them. Words are a big part of our lives, because dh is a major fan of the novel and because I'm a compulsive reader and a writer.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I do. My daughter gets a new book from school everyday. They have a little library in each Pre-k class. She wants me to read it to her as soon as we get home. I think if I could read to her 24/7 she would want me to do so. I love reading to her. We share doing parts in the book. Her newest fav is Froggy Gets Dressed. Very cute book!!
    ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I love reading to my daughter. For the most part we do read every day at some point. There are days that we just run out of time.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• sure do! they won't let me go a day without it!
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes I Do as often as he wants,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We read to our pre-schoolers every night --three books each....spent about 30 minutes each.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes... at the very least we read a chapter of a book before bed every night, and the kids who are too young to read to themselves bring books to me all the time. What I find is really cute now is that my three year old will bring books to her big brother and sister (eight and six) for them to read to her! She also really likes to read to me... she will either make up a story to go with the pictures or if it's a familiar book she will get as close to the actual text as she can by memory.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Hell yeah. I'm a book nerd. LOL! My kids love it when I read to them. My older son likes to read the Diary of the wimpy kid series.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 10:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Every night before bed I read her Rapunzel,she loves Rapunzel so when we saw the preview for Tangled we were so excited!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 4 1/2 and she gets books before nap on days she doesnt have school and books before bed every night. We just started reading the little house on the prarie series and we are on the 2nd book
    beckygeiger

Answer by beckygeiger at 4:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010