at what age did you switch from infant, rear-facing car seat to forward facing??

and no offense but i know about keeping rear-facing as long as possible, no need to lecture me...thanks!!

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I switched at 20 pounds. lol. So it was like 18 months for DS and 23 months for DD. I have little babies. There are rear facing seats that go up to 40 pounds. Technically my DS at 5 could have still been in one!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I switched my daughter when she outgrew her graco snugride, which took a little while because she was really small for the longest time. I think she was about 16months when we set up the Graco Nautilus in the car.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I switched from rear facing to front facing when my daughter met the requirements. 1 year old and over I think 20 - 22 pounds.
    wolverinemama

Answer by wolverinemama at 3:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Switched out of the bucket when DS outgrew it, kept him rear facing til he was about 3. The seat I had at the time would have RF longer but with a California summer, RF is probably considered child abuse after a certain point.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i switched them when they were 1 year and 20 pounds. that's our state law and i didnt see any need to prolong rear facing if they met the requirements...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• wow...yes, little babies....my DD is over 15 lbs, almost 5 mos old, HATES that she faces the rear and cranes her neck around to try to see me and see whats going on...and her feet are starting to hang off the edge of her seat...shes a very long baby....Indiana doesnt have a lbs requirement for that type of seat so legally i could switch, just not sure yet.
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• at one year AND 20 months as the law requires.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Have you looked in to the soft mirrors that attach to the seat so they can see you and you can see them in your mirror? If you are interested in ERF there are a lot of people on here how are very passionate about the subject and may be able to give you some ideas as to how to make it easier for both of you. In fact... I bet there is a group if you searched...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My little girl is 20 lbs but only 7 months old. She has outgrown her graco snugride so I bought a new carseat that will rear face and forward face so that she can stay rear facing as long as the law states that she has to (one year). She probably doesn't like it very much but I would rather her be a little upset than to be injured in a vehicle accident when I could have done more to prevent it.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• at a year, they were all 20 pounds before they turned 1.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010