The Devil

Where does he get his power? What is his purpose? What is he exactly?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 3:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The Devil was the most poweful Angel in Heaven,He got to far ahead of himself,and tryed to over power God and he tryed to convince the Angels he was the better.He took a few angels with him.He is put on this Earth to take as many souls as he can,before he is doneand sent back to hell,He comes in many forms,through people ,things and places.WE all have choices,God gave that to us,he does not dictate,We have a free will.We live for him, are we live for the Devil.Times have changed,but the Bible has not.That is why our world is in such termoil,the Bible is forgotten,by so many,Most of the adults and Childern,don,t even know who Moses was are his purpose.Coloredribbons
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 3:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• He was the Son of the Morning (an angel of light) so his authority was taken, but not his knowledge. Knowledge is power. His ability to manipulate men is also power.
    His purpose? I guess it would be to try men. How can we gain experiences or grow if we have everything so easy?
    What exactly is he? We'll he's not human. He never was granted a body. I don't know what I'd call him.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't believe he has any power, as I don't believe he exists. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• The Devil is a fallen ArchAngel.
    he though he could be like god- possibly better. He became proud and was cast from Heaven.
    WhitleyLyles

Answer by WhitleyLyles at 4:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I don't believe in him. I believe the ability to do good and evil lies within us. Its up to us to be good moral individuals.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• he is a combination of other things people believed in the past...I watched a show that was basically the evolution of him -it was super interesting!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Look up Zoroastrianism and see exactly where the biblical idea of the devil came from...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• IhartU - I actually just read the Jewish view on Satan and how it is different than the devil and that is what sparked this question. I understand where the Christian view of the devil came from.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• purpleducky can you share what you read on the Jewish view of Satan, I'd be interested. Thanks and good question, also good answers to those that answered.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• The only devil that exists is in ourselves, our own negative thoughts and selfish behaviour.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2010