husbands family called me a golddigger .......

I know that I am a pretty good looking woman lol. I am not in your face with it but I take care of myself ....My husband who I think is good looking other people usually seem not to - he is very tall and very skinny, glasses and kind of puts you in mind of a tv "science geek" ... but I thought he was cute the first time I seen him and we have been together since.....

he has a sister who is kind of "banished" from the family ( she is kind of crazy and does drugs) ... she has 6 kids who are all the same age as my husband and I ( he was a late surprise for my MIL... his sister is over 20 years older than him)

Anyways we only see his sister and her family once a year ( if that) and that is at christmas time... and some of them are on my facebook friendslist.

Now my husband has become very successful, ( putting the geekiness to work lol ) ... and therefore we have been living the good life and unless we get robbed we are set for our future...

Anyways to my point... I seen a convo on facebook between "our niece" and his sister... calling me a gold digger ... their words were " you really think someone who looks like her would be with someone like him for anything but money... PUHLEEZE" followed by a "LOL" from "neice"

from the other posts following i can tell that they were not just joking.

This makes me so mad that they would do that, I am the one who got them invited back to christmas when MIL didnt want anything to do with them...

Besides the fact that when we first got married I was the one working and he was a stay at home dad !! How is THAT golddigging?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why are you looking at other people's online conversations? Do you lack for things to be miserable about? Or do you just like drama a lot?

Ignore the things that come out of other people's mouths --you have got to have enough evidence by now that what people say has nothing at all to do with thinking, don't you think?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• PEOPLE WILL TALK, YOU CAN'T LET THEM GET TO YOU!!
    If you are happy and so is he, why be concerned with his family who doesn't have their life together.Jealously is ugly
    Sorry it hurt you but, why let their comment affect your life.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If you are not a gold digger then why are you worried about it? Delete or hide them from your facebook if it bothers you that much.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Maybe they mean it as a compliment, that you found treasure in him like gold even before he managed to make it big

Answer by admckenzie at 3:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• they sound like they are miserable people and are jealous
    don't let it bother you
    if your hubby knows you arent after his $
    then it doesnt matter
    bring it up to him if it really bothers you
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Linda - they are both on my friends list and usually when a convo is going on between 2 people on your list it shows up in your newsfeed... as I was skimming through the updates I had to notice my name....

It does bug me because even though I know I am not a gold digger, it just hurts that these people who even though are crazy has alwasy acted like they loved me and I really seen them as family
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• What other people think of you is none of your business. 

Embryonic

Answer by Embryonic at 3:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think it's one of those things where people will say hurtful crap because their lives are miserable, and yours isn't. They're jealous of you!!! To hell with them, let them wallow in their misery and hold your head high! Like you said, you were with your husband before the money came.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nothing for nothing but you sound a bit arrogant. Seen = Saw (proper grammar) by the way. The attitude you put out in the universe is exactly what you are going to get back from others. Be a little more humble & maybe they will like you better. Basically. I think your attitude is the issue here. Sorry to be so blunt but.....

Anonymous

• Why does it bother you so much? There are two people in your marriage, and neither of them is his family members.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010