Do you have a husband that makes it easy to cheat?

I've never cheated on my husband, I have no plans to but like most people there has been some temptation but I've never felt the need to risk an amazing husband for a fling especially when my husband is the best I've ever had but recently my husband (after 8 years of marriage) tells me it would crush him if I ever cheated and that if I do cheat on him to make sure he never finds out about it - I know why he brought it up, he's been gone more often this past year because of work and even though we talk on the phone constantly when he isn't at work I have plenty of oppurtunity to cheat if I chose to and I was sort of blown away by him saying that because he's the kind of guy that would kill another man for touching me and then he decides to tell me to simply not ever let him find out about it.

My sister also wanted to ask this question for different reasons; she says her husband makes it easy to cheat because he's an asshole and never wants to be home so he leaves her alone, lets her go out, as often as she wants without question but insists that he loves her and doesn't want a divorce. I think at this point the only reason she hasn't left him is because (according to her) he is a god in bed when he's home long enough to have sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Emotionally no. My husband is far from perfect but he's always there for me, never says nasty things to me, doesn't drink/do drugs/smoke/gamble, is only away from home when he's working, is a GREAT father, helps with chores, and I'll stop there.

He works a lot, so in that aspect I probably could, but the thought has never crossed my mind. Usually when he's at work, I'm talking to him on messenger so it's like he's still around, just not physically.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Chesting is never "ok" nif your soooo unhappy then leave.. saves tons of heartbreak for kids and family. I see no excuses for cheating. It's just plain wrong and very selfish!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't ever cheat on my hubby. That's just ridiculous. Tell him if you aren't happy, you don't have to cheat on him. Who would want to live with that guilt??
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 3:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would never cheat on my husband, I do not put myself in a position to do that.
    nbaker1227

Answer by nbaker1227 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No. I have a husband who makes it easy to NOT cheat! He fulflills my every need, treats me like a queen, took care of me when I was sick two years ago, takes his marriage vows seriously, I always know where he is, he's a very Godly man, loves his family, and while, no he's not perfect, he's perfect for me!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It would be easy in the sense that you are talking about, yes. My husband doesn't check up on me or watch my spending or give me the third degree if I say I'm going somewhere. He also works a lot of over time during certain times of the year and he commutes an hour each way so I'm basically alone all day until the kids get home. Then it's just us until 7:30pm every night.
    If I was the cheating type and not madly in love with my husband it would be easy for me. I can honestly say that I haven't been tempted at all though. I never put myself in those situations, plus I love him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• No. I have an awesome hubby. Cheating isn't an option for me, anyway. If my hubby wasn't awesome, I'd divorce first, then look for someone new.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 5:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Men should make sure they do their duty and keep the woman from cheating. If the woman cheats then it's his fault
    Anonymous

• Anon, that is ridiculous. When my DH was married to his first wife, he was fighting in the Vietnam war. She knew when she married him he was in the military, and would not be home as much as other men. She CHOSE to cheat on him, he didn't MAKE her do anything,and it was NOT his fault!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I'm not saying I would cheat, the thought of cheating has never crossed my mind, I'm simply stating that it could be very easy for me to cheat if I chose to do so. I can see a guy and appreciate that he is attractive but I've never actually thought about having a fling. I love sex and miss it like crazy when my husband isn't around but sex with my husband is well worth the wait. As for my sister, she and her husband have no kids and she has no intention of having kids with her husband; I don't get it either, why she hasn't just left him yet but its her life and I'm in no position to judge her or tell her what to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2010