Going through emotional divorce

I didn't want this divorce. How do I get my self respect back? I feel so low. The Other Woman is moving in with my soon to be ex-husband next week, just up the road. How do I deal with that?

UKMumto1

Asked by UKMumto1 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I have not gone through a divorce, so I can not say exactly, but if you still have feelings for your ex-husband then I would move away, if possible. It would not be good for you to be around him and "the other women" if you still have feelings for him. Also, I would start doing things for you! This will help you with your self respect... do things you have always wanted to try and never have, maybe go back to school? Take sewing classes? Take cooking classes, something to start doing things on your own and make you feel accomplished! Good Luck to you! :)
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 4:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If you are truly glad you are getting a divorce, how you deal with it is be glad he is not your problem anymore, and if he is moving in down the street from you never let him see you down or upset make him think (that is if your not) that you are the happiest woman in the world to be rid of him.
    Beverely

Answer by Beverely at 5:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• If I was you I'd go out and have fun. Hopefully you can meet someone new too that would help you feel better about yourself even if its just a good friend. Its not your fault your ex was a jerk
    Anonymous

• Went through the exact same thing!! Trust me, keep your head held up regardless of how bad you feel. Always remember that you are better than him. No it is not easy to start over, but I have learned as a mother, that I am stronger than I think. Yes, I went through emotioanl lows, but I picked myself up, dust myself off and became stronger. It takes time, but you will get through it for not only yourself but your children.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 7:34 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I am currently going through almost the exact same thing as you right now & am 7 months pregnant. It is very hard to deal with. The what ifs & the blaming yourself. It is not your fault. Hold your head up high & remember you are a good person & don't deserve to be treated poorly. I have found in my case that my husband belittled me & tore me apart to strip me of my self worth just to make himself feel in control, not because I was a bad person. As far as him being with another woman it hurts like heck. Mine has been with 4 different ones in 5 months. Its o.k. I think that they think they have to be with other women to try to make themselves still feel like a man & to prove to themselves they can still do it. In the end he will hurt her to. Keep your head up, keep smiling, do nice things to treat yourself & let him see the wonderful person he lost. I truely hope things get better for you.
    1999cass

Answer by 1999cass at 8:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• send her a picture of you and a mirror with a note that says in time this will be you if he did it once he'll do it again
    Anonymous

• I wish you the best... I know what is to be in love and have that taken away from you in time you will heal and for now focus on you and hopefully everything will work out for the best.
    Anonymous

• concreat shoes? no no. cant do that, but it was a thought.wish you the best hon.
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 4:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My brother told me once--the best thing you can do for revenge is separte yourself from people like that and be a better "you" than you were before. get a make over-hair, nails, toes etc. Spend time with your kids--you are better than actually revenge.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2008