So... DO they make kids walk through the body scanners?

I think I would have a problem with that...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No one should be subjected to either the pat down or the scanner. Why should we be treated as criminals simply because we want to or need to fly?
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• They are not supposed to, however, the roll out has been so poorly executed that they have, and if a customer complains, they are likely to be detained and miss their flight.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my kids are 6 and 4 .... I'm choosing the scanner for our upcoming trips. Groin patting = stranger danger
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Absolutely!! There has been recent video of them going through the scanners as well as being subjected to an enhanced body search. Since terrorists have been known to use children as shields and the carriers of bombs, our government seems to think ALL American citizens will do the same, because they're afraid of using their common sense and PROFILING!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I am not very happy with the pat down are scanner,It could be very degrading to the child,they do not understand,the meaning of the event,and could give them nightmares,and trust no one again,even their parents.If my childern were little I don,t think I could put them through that. Coloredribbons P>S I don,t think the President would put his childern through it are his Family.Yes ther is crazy people from other countries,and a few here .I tseems like we are always paying for some on e else,s hatered
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 3:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Also, if you opt for the scanner and the child can't keep still (not that THAT ever happens) they HAVE to sit through the pat down. So you may not even have a choice!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It is either the scanner or the pad down, your choice.

Answer by older at 3:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• 12 and under are supposed to be exempt, but we've all seen over the past week how well the assorted TSA agents around the country fail at doing their jobs, so they'll likely continue forcing young children through the process even after the head of the TSA keeps going on national news insisting they would never dream of doing it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Agree anonymous...teaching them to accept tyranny and it will go further because the people will be taught to allow.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010