Please help!

My MIL is always causing problems in my marriage. Recently she caused another big fight, but afterwards my DH seemed to realize I was right. Trust me, this is a first. So we've decided its best for me to confront her. But another problem is she claims to not understand english well,which my DH and I both know thats not true. I'm worried she will take things I say and turn them around then claim she didn't understand. Well today is her b-day and we have to go to dinner with her and I really dont want to go. I'm putting off talking to her for a while because I'm having some bad medical issues that cause me to not handle stress well, but I dont want to see her until I let her know whats up. Cont.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I know my DH will be really angry if I dont go but I just dont think I can handle seeing her. Honestly I hate her! How can I deal with this evening when I know I wont be able to eat and my anxiety will almost kill me? Oh ya and these problems have been killing my marriage for so long and DH always lets it happen that now I dont feel the same towards my DH anymore. Im worried Im just over it but I dont want to give up. I know if it happens 1 more time Im out. Im too good to my family to be treated this way.
    Anonymous

• WELL YOU SEEM TO ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH IT. YOUR HUSBAND CHOSE YOU AS HIS WIFE. REGARDLESS OF IF SHE IS HIS MOTHER HE NEEDS TO LET HER STOP CAUSING PROBLEMS FOR YOU GUYS. HE WILL NEVER BE HAPPY. I SAY IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DEAL, THAN DON'T.
    NATTY567

Answer by NATTY567 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Don't put yourself threw that. If your husband loves you and cares he will undertsand the reasons why you don't want to go. If he gets mad at you and it turns into a fight then maybe he just needs to be with his mommy and you should start a better life.
    Anonymous

• I know but I love my DH and Im a SAHM and have no one else. I think Im too scared of being lonely and afraid I wont be able to support my baby and me until I finish the classes Im taking.
    Anonymous

• Come up sick!! If you are sick then your husband will more than likely understand you not going! and let your husband know that she is driving the 2 of you apart! that you know he loves her cause she is his mom but you are the woman in his life now and she should respect that! I had the same problem with my mil but i talked to my hubby and he talked to her and then i talked to her and now we get along much better!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• OK so I was in the same boat and my ex MIL would speak and understand english when it would benefit her. It got to the point where I forbade her to enter my home. She was a monster and to this day I despise her. It caused many issues in our marriage and the only thing I can tell you for advice is stick to your guns. You are his family now and he needs to support you and she needs to apologize. I would not go to dinner or if you do keep your conversation to one word responses. I wish you the best..
    Anonymous