Do you agree with this ?

I seen an "answer" to a cafemom question on here a little bit ago and it makes me mad when you "answer" a question with a reply about mind your own buisness ( I understand alot of time people should mind their own buisness) but sometimes that is just a dumb response...

anyways i just seen a post and someone actually "answered" it with

" what people say about you is none of your buisness " Really..I think if something has to do with you - then of course it is your buisness, right ?

This was in reply to a question about a family member calling the OP a name...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yeah I've seen some pretty lame responses too...the one I hate is "try googling it" ! wellllll, chances are, the OP was asking for opinions from MOMs or answers with a personal touch....not a googled answer....gahhhhh! LOL

and in that instance minding your own business doesn't really make sense...in that case I'd say "just because someone else said it doesn't mean it's true....let it slide off your back"....but myob doesn't really apply here...it is her business, but not anything to worry about or make a big deal out of....you just take note of it and carry on....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I suspect that was me...

In real terms, what other people think is 100% their business. What people think is simply the conclusions they draw from their own experiences, their perceptions of events (what they noticed and ignored) and then filtered through their preferences, beliefs, expectations and opinions.

Since their opinions, beliefs, expectations and preferences are entirely within their power to control --and no one else's-- what they think isn't objective or related to anything outside themselves.

We tend to think, here in the West (it is cultural, entirely), that whatever has our name on it is entirely our business --but it's not.

We also tend to think that we have some control over what people think of us. Peace does not lie down that road.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Telling someone to mind their beeswax is lama on here. Its akin to a threat. Like they could actually do anything about it.

Sometimes I think saying "google it" is ok if someone is asking a question about something that can be found easily by well...googling it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• no linda it wasnt you...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• There are a few people in here that have their monitors set so bright it must be bombarding their brain with nastiness. Anyhow, don't worry about it...I myself have a vote down/nasty answers "fan base" as I call it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• dont take any notice
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I "seen?" Please. I have seen or I saw.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2010