momma guilt on long dull days?

on days filled with nothing special but toys, games, movies, and boring meals/snacks do you ever feel guilty for not providing your kids a more stimulating & exciting time?

We're having the lamest Saturday everrrrrrrr here and I feel crummy about it.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, absolutely not. Children need downtime and also need to learn how to manage their own time. It's not about "providing" them with things to do, it's about them learning to do this for themselves.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i do to but only for the fact that my baby is sick and i don't want to take him out and get worse... but on any other day yes i feel lame.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 4:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nope my kids love playing with toys all day., and my son would love to sit around watching movies =)
    You could always let them help you make a meal...my 3 year old loves helping me!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It gives the kids time to be creative and use their own minds to entertain themselves
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My son finds way to stay busy, from coloring, drawing, watching some TV ( mainly before bed ) and his Xbox he'll play about an hour if that and then the rest he is busy with toys. His cousins come over and play or he goes outside with them or neighbors kids.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010