Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on getting my tubal ligation reversed

I had three children with my ex-husband and I got a tubal ligation after my youngest was born because at that point, birth control was just NOT WORKING, I'd had 3 children in just over 3 years, so I was EXHAUSTED!!

I split from my ex-husband a little more than 2 years ago and am with my seriously AWESOME AND WONDERFUL boyfriend, whom I've been with for about 2 years. We want to get engaged and married at some point after my divorce is FINALLY final.

Getting to the meat of my question: I want to get my tubal reversed and have one, maybe two more children with my boyfriend. Would anyone have advice as to how to go about this? Insurance that could help with this? How much it cost? Ways to find a good doctor to do this? Etc?

Any suggestions for getting this done are welcome. Anyone who bashes on me will be ignored, deleted, etc. I've always wanted a decently large family because I didn't get to as a child and now that I'm with someone who knows how to be a real man and take care of his children (such as mine even though they're not biologically his), I want to grow our family a little bit. Don't like it? Don't agree with it? *shrug* I'm not asking you to.

If you have nothing constructive to add, then run along please. Not meaning to sound rude, I just want some suggestions without the drama. ^_^ Thank you!


Asked by PaganMommy04 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

Level 13 (972 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I feel if this is something you both want ,you should go for it. But conceder your age and health first, you need to be healthy to be around for that baby, I lost my hubby, and I got fixed thinking Id never lose him, I was wrong, Im to old for a child now It does bother me some not giving my new hubby a child. BUt remeber its your choice not others

    Answer by scottie45 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • I really hope it works out for you!!

    Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • my husbands ex wife actually had a tubal reversal about ayear and a half ago and her insurance did not cover it. it costed $5000 and she just asked for a referal from her obgyn. she said that the dr who did the surgery had a 100% success rate though and she is currently 4 months pregnan.

    Answer by cassie_m at 5:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • (This is what I was told)Most insurance will not cover a reversal. It can be expensive and there is no guarantee. The longer it has been since it was done the lower the chances of successful reversal. IVF (with your eggs and your SO sperm)is an option but that to is expensive.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 4:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • It's been over 3 yrs since mine was done :-/

    Comment by PaganMommy04 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • well 3 years in the grand scheme of things doesn't seem that long. They never gave me a number...

    Answer by But_Mommie at 4:54 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • I saw on one tubal reversal site that there are some insurance companies that will help with the cost. That's one thing I'm wanting to research. I'm hoping that with the money I get back in my income taxes that I'll be able to put toward the cost. *crosses fingers*

    Comment by PaganMommy04 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • Thanks, mama! ^_^

    Comment by PaganMommy04 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • Scottie: I'm 27 and he's 34. I'm hoping to get this done ASAP :-) We're both rather healthy. I intend to quit smoking before I do this (am doing pretty good. trying to step down to electronic cigs, which are SO much better than the real thing!)

    I'm sorry about you losing your hubby :-( *hugs*

    Comment by PaganMommy04 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • Did her Dr allow her to make payments or does it have to be paid right there up front?

    Comment by PaganMommy04 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010