What are you buying your four year old girl for Christmas? Do you have a certain amount that you spend on your child?

Mindy8210

Asked by Mindy8210 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my DD is 4, almost 4 1/2, she is getting stuff for dance school (leotards and a new bag and also a ballet sweatershirt w/ her name on it) and 5 girlie things like dolls and my little pony stuff and also a new sled a very nice/semi pricey one. in her stocking she'll get movie tickets (yogi bear movie) and xmas eve she'll open an art set and a huge play doh set. she'll share a large gift w/ her brother, age 6, although we haven't chosen it yet.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My DD is getting a trampoline as her main gift, and then a few smaller things. She is in gymnastics and has been begging us for a trampoline since. We got it at WalMart's Black Friday for $165. She will probably get a movie, some books, some Ariel or Tinkerbell stuff, little things like that.
    haileysmom2833

Answer by haileysmom2833 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my 4 year old is getting a few barbies, candyland, a dora fishing pole from daddy, some books, dress up stuff. she's getting a lot more than my 2 and 1 year old but she'll enjoy it more this year than they will :) and i probably spent about $75-$100 on her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We can't afford gifts this year. We had to go on food stamps so we bought them a few food treats that we normally don't splurge on. Things like beef jerky and dried cherries. Things they love.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My daughters getting a Dora bedset, A new doll house because the one shes been using is worn out. More books because she loves to be read to and read. & Clothes because shes outgrown most of her winter things.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my 2 and 3 year olds are getting pillow pets, singamajigs, and RC strawberry shortcake cars. my 3 year old is getting a princess "learning" phone and my 2 year old is getting a wooden puzzle set. then books for the both of them... we don't really set a budget, we just make sure that they have an even amount of gifts to open, and that we are careful to buy for both when i know that they both want something...
    this year we spent just about $50 on each of them.
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My 4 year old is odd she WANTS bedsheets, panties, and socks!!!! Yes we are getting that stuff.
    She also wants the Rapuzel doll from Tangled and the princess and horse, LaLaLoopsy and the Leapfrog Explorer also coloring books, crayons, playdoh.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I got my dd some dress up clothes (got costumes after halloween for around $5 each) and a few movies and toys we've gotten on sale.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I only spend $75 on each child (I have 2) and $50 on a couple presents to "share"....total of $200 on Christmas ($$ is really tight here). My 3 (almost 4 year old in February) is getting a new doll (baby alive), playdoh, washable markers/crayons, tons of coloring paper, and play "dress-up" clothes.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• I have an almost 3 year old boy, but some of the stuff would work for a girl. We got him a Strider balance (no pedals) bike, helmet, Criss Cross Crash from Hotwheels, some Lauri puzzles, Richard Scarry books, and a Playmobil ambulance and firetruck. Also, PJ's work for everyone :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:03 PM on Nov. 29, 2010