P.P depression

well more like PP depression since my girls are over a month old now.

I love my girls (twins) and dont regret them! but I cant help always feeling depressed.

I miss the days when I could just run out the door when a friend called to meet her out for drinks, being able to go the the gym 6 days a week, going on lots of dates with my husband and having sex whenever the hell we please (now its planned when the babies are napping and usually we are to tired anyway) going out and closing down bars at 3am... hell, I cant even stop at a gas station to run in for some coffee with two babies.

I feel so awful for feeling this way, but I feel like a slave cooped up in this house... im 23 and 98% of my friends dont have kids so our relationships have changed. I even feel resentment towards my husband whos life hasent changed all that much. Hes a ranger so going out to shooting ranges, working out, and being gone is his job! I feel like a piece of me has died and sometimes I sit in front of my computer and stare at old pictures of myself and wonder if I will ever be that happy again... with my body and my life.

whats wrong w me?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 5:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nothing is wrong with u!! This happens to a lot of moms. We all get rin down like that. If its a hump that u can't get ver onur own thrn go see a doc for some help and don't feel ashamed. Have u talked to ur hubby about how ur feeking?? Maybe some extra help from him so u can get out will help! Best of luck!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:07 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• yeah I spoke to him and basically his responce is "you are lucky I am even able to come home at night and not deployed... what would you do then?"
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Nothing is wrong with you, but get used to not being able to do things whenever you wanted. Your babies are in charge now! The depression is hormonal... and you will be happy again! Just focus on your babies, because the day will come when you will actually miss these days believe it or not!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• And don't count on hubby to understand. They don't get it. Talk to other women who have been there. They are your best resource for support.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I agree with all of the above. also call your ob and discuss it. HUGS to you! I wish I lived nearby and could babysit for you!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Contact your local library, gym, etc for information on "mommy groups" or playgroups. Take your little girls to the park when it's warm out (even though they're too young to play now) to meet other mothers around your age in your area. Believe me, I've been there, and some days now I still feel it. None of my friends have kids, but I took my son, age 2 1/2 at the time, to a playgroup on the local college campus, and met several moms with children my son's age. Through the summer following that I went out to local parks, state parks, beaches etc with one of the mom's I'd met at the playgroup, and I thank my stars for having met someone in the same boat as me. I don't drive, so I can't go ANYWHERE unless I can find someone to take me, and who wants to cart a kid around if they don't have to? Playgroups and mommy groups really do help. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• just wanted to say, i have an almost 5 month old son and i have PPD too. i feel for u!
    HKittyCrzy

Answer by HKittyCrzy at 10:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010