i have the test!

ok so i broke down and bought a hpt. i wanna take it so badly right now but i was told that if i wait till the day my period is due witch is monday that i will get more accurate results. is this tru or would testing today give methe same results as testing on the day that my period is due?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• False POSITIVES are practically NON-EXISTENT. False NEGATIVES are more likely the earlier you test.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It is not about maturity. It is about voting down an answer that had false info. Who knew you just made a mistake? Relax. It isn't that serious.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Thanks for the vote down though. Very mature.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I took mine before my period was due and it showed a faint line. So you might know now. If there is nothing, just test again in a few days or so.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• these days most of them have 2 in the box..... ??
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I totally meant false negative. sorry. Thanks for pointing that out!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It depends on what the test says. You can test now if the test says so, but the longer you wait the more accurate the results will be. The first pee in the morning is the best. I actually bought a box with two tests so I could test a few days before my period was due and then no matter what that test said I could do it again when I missed my period. The level of HCG doubles in your system every two days so if you wait until Monday the test will give you more accurate results.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sometimes even waiting until a week or two after your period is due. That way you give your period a chance to show itself and if it doesn't, you also broaden your chances of getting accurate results.

Good luck!
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I took a test the day after my period was due and couldn't tell if the line was an evaporation line or not it was so faint. I took a test three days after my period was due and still had a very faint line, but less faint. It all depends on how long ago you conceived. It takes up to 12 days after conception for there to be enough HCG in your system to test positive. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It is better to wait and let the hormone levels in your body rise to detectable levels....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:36 AM on Nov. 29, 2010