Can the TSA scanner hurt expressed breast milk?

I will be flying soon and have to bring pumped breast milk on the plane. I heard you don't have to put it through the X-ray, but if it doesn't hurt it, then I don't want to waste my time having it inspected and will just put it through.

Does anyone know if it can hurt the milk?

CarriePM

Asked by CarriePM at 5:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is no studies on this or on it's effects of you. So since they cannot say whether it will or it won't, I wouldn't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• There are concerns about it - the level of radiation it emits is much higher than they originally said it was. You can read more here - it's been in the news lately because of a woman who was harassed for bringing her milk through: http://www.cafemom.com/answers/655063/TSA_targets_breast_feeding_mom

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Great. I am so not looking forward to this.
    CarriePM

Comment by CarriePM (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• nothing shows it will so no worries!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010