If you had 5 minutes with Senator McCain and Governor Palin what would you say?

I would give them the biggest hug I could muster, if they would let me, I would say thank you for inspiring my 13 year old to hang on to his values and realize how important voting is and making sure he is always going to be an informed voter and for making him realize the importants of standing up for what you believe in and for realizing how quickly people can be swayed. I would give them my unending support to reform where they can and I would vow to them to support them if Governor Palin should decide to move her career forward. I would urge her to continue her good work in Alaska and run for an opportunity to make a difference in Washington some day.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 12:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say thank you for your efforts and your service.
    Anonymous

• I would say...HAHAHAHAHA...OBAMA Won!!! No seriously I would congradulate them for working as hard as they did. But I would like to ask McCain why he choose a woman we've never really heard of before this(atleast I haven't heard of her). I couldn't figure that out. I also thought the speech he gave last night was touching and how he didn't want the boos from his people. Now that's integrity!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would try and talk them into taking our 46% of America that voted for them and starting our own counrty!
    ThreeUnder3

Answer by ThreeUnder3 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would encourage McCain to retire and enjoy his life. He is an honourable man and he has been working for the American people for a long time--he deserves to enjoy his life now! Palin? Well, I'd tell her to go home and raise her kids, far, far away, in remote Alaska!

FYI--I am an Obama supporter!
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Had anyone EVER heard of Obama before he started campaigning?????
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No, Sheri. Point well-made.

I would tell him that he is a man of integrity and that I was proud to cast my vote for him. I'd let him know that his concession speech was incredibly touching, honest, and humble, and that he conducted himself in an honorable manner.

I'd thank Palin for all she had done to campaign for him, and for inspiring so many people. I'd also let her know how sorry I was that people had been so vicious to her and will continue to be, out of their own spite and immaturity.

If I could say something to Obama/Biden, it would be congratulations and good luck over the next four years.
    Anonymous

• Ummm...yes I knew about OBAMA because I came from Illinois!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

Kind of like the people from Alaska who know about Palin because she's their governor? DUH.
    Anonymous

• I hope that Gov Palin would return to Alaska and serve her state well, clean up what she needs to and move on because she is a driving force in the country and we can use her fully in working for children with special needs---and really do it.

McCain, has served his country well and with dignity, as military AND as a Senator. I would encourage him to enjoy his grandchildren and his family as he has missed so much of his family despite his weekly efforts to get home every weekend.
    Anonymous

• stayhomemom22 did he serve you well in Illinois? An honest from the heart question? Did you get some tax breaks? I am curious what his campaign was all about before he got elected there in Illinois would you mind telling if you know?
    Anonymous