Did your infant spitup alot? what formula did you use?

My little one 4 weeks old has been on similac advance and he spits up after every burp and every feeding or just sitting there after a feeding. He has lots of gas and fusses about it quit a bit anyways ive heard soy is easier on their tummies so i decided to switch to soy its only been a day so i cant quite tell how well its working but seems to be easier on his tummy and he isnt spitting up as much. just wondering if any of your babies had this too and what formula seemed to be best for your baby?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 5:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try sinilac sensitive.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 5:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Look into the dangers of soy. I would avoid it if at ALL possible... if he's not in pain and unable to keep enough down to gain weight, it's best to stick to the most basic formula.

My second was a spitter. He was/is breastfed. He stopped completely around 14 months... it slowed around 9-10 months. Some kids just spit up. Have you thought of relactating so at least what comes back up isn't disgusting?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I would talk to your child ped. I had the same problem we went through so many formulas. Doc finally suggested Enfamil A.R.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• my now 4mth old was the same. i tried gentleease and reg enfamil-i tried enfmil a.r specifically for spit up, and havnt looked back
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• i was breastfeeding and also used formula to supplemnt and i had a problem when i used soy. she used similac advancefor awhile but then we switched to good start and it was great. she loved it and never had any problem when she was completely switched.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Maybe try burping more during the feedings. Give 2-3 oz and burp. IDK, my kids are breastfed and frequent burping helped them!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010