Did you go to marrage counseling? If so, are you stil married to the person you went with?

I am wondering this because my dh and I are starting marriage counseling. I want our marriage to work and he says he does too. I have trust issues and he doesn't feel like he's in love with me anymore. I didn't know that until recently. Anyway. I read a lot where a couple went to counseling and they are exes now. I was just wondering if there is a pretty good chance that we will still split up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, I did. It didn't do any good. He was an expert at telling people what they wanted to hear and then doing whatever he wanted to afterwards.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We never got into our "issues" when we started counselling. Our therapist went on vacation after our third meeting, so my husband decided to go visit his parents across country at the same time (so we wouldn't actually miss a session). But after being away for 3 days he called and said he wasn't coming back. I don't think we really had a chance and it doesn't reflect on the counselling (to me, anyway). Good luck to you both!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Well that sucks. I'm sorry for you both.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We went for like 3 weeks but hated our therapist and stopped going. We resolved our issues on our own as they were nothing that bad. A marriage can work if both partners want it to. Maybe a weekend romantic get-away for you guys would help as well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Yes and yes. But the therapist we went to was dumb. She had one session with us and said, figure out custody for your child cause you won't work out. Thanks for the faith lady!!! Still going 4 years later!!!
    tpaangel8122

Answer by tpaangel8122 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• He says he's felt like this for a really long time. Like years and we've had romantic getaways. I just don't know what to do and I am so afraid that I will lose him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• JadeMom07..sounds familiar. never been to counseling, but probably would have the same outcome as you.
    PipersDream

Answer by PipersDream at 5:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Both my husband and I go to separate counseling and then we go as a couple once a year. We have found that it is our own personal insecurities and issues that make our marriage difficult. We have been doing this for 3 years and we have made amazing progress in our personal growth and in our love for each other. I highly recommend it, we all have our faults and by working on being a better person it spills over into our marriage.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• We did marriage counselling. It was the best thing we have ever done. We are closer than ever. I don't think we would be together today if it wasn't for it. Things are better than they were when we were newlyweds!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 5:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• yes we did and no we are not
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010