How would you feel if you got left out?

My Mother and I do not get along well. She lies and I don't like it. She ignores me and my kids and I don't like it. See a pattern here? My Mom's priorities are #1. Her BF #2. Her. That's it. No room for her daughters, especially me, since she knows I'm not going to listen to her ridiculous stories. No room for grandkids either. So I never hear from her. I see her on holidays usually. I didn't go this year to Thanksgiving, because I went to my Dad's family lunch instead. I was planning on going to my Grandma's for Christmas, but I don't really know that I want to now. The past month my sister has told me about a BBQ I wasn't invited to at our Aunt's house and lunch at our Grandparent's. Now I find out my Mom had Thanksgiving lunch at her BF's house and didn't invite me to that either. I know my sister is the favorite, but what about my kids? I invite my family to my kids birthdays and my family has been "busy" every time. All this because I told my Mom if she talks to me she needs to cut the crap? Is it that wrong to demand the truth?! How would you feel if you got left out all the time?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thankful - your sister the trouble making poop starter is only hurting you by telling you after each event and probably enjoying your pain. Don't subject your kids to this crap. Make a life that is drama free with people who respect you and yours. Your mom is probably lying to her family about you with your sister backing her up. Best Wishes.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• My husband's family does this to us. We'll hear a week later how everyone got together for supper at a restaurant. We're literally 5-10 min away from anyplace in town.
    I say the hell with them!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Been there, just get on with your life. Enjoy YOUR kids and focus on them.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Just love your life, love your kids and love yourself, and always put yourself first in your heart. you can't let the family bring you down even though it's easier said then done. I m the oldest of 6 and stay with my mom, dad died in 97, she still favors all the others over me and my 2 kids and we're the ones who been there for her through thick and thin....i m not invited to my sisters wedding the 20th of Dec and she's not invited to my college graduation the 3rd of dec from Nursing school so it's ongoing but I know the most important people in my life are there for me and that's all that matters..I wouldn't want to feel uncomfortable or put on a show...let's just say I want to be around them about as much as they want to be around me...not at all my friends are true and real and my kids and BF are understanding, it is what it is and life's to short to spend a minute more having to worry or deal with it
    lovebug434

Answer by lovebug434 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• do what you feels right
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Sounds like a lot of people are trying to protect your mother. I wouldn't subject myself to it anymore --including the sister (as the pp said). She's getting her jabs in by telling you hurtful information. You have put up with this all your life and you're tired of it---so walk away.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• This sounds similiar to the issues I have with my dad...except he left us for a new family when I was 11. I had to let go of him. My life has been so much better since I did. I am free to focus on the things that are most important in my life...my husband and my kids. Let them and their craziness go.............make your own events and memories............they will be the ones you treasure as a little old lady. :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Happens to me all the time, grandma was in the hospital.. I was the last to know.. My mom had a birthday party last week, I knew about it when it was over... Dinner with the whole family, I am the last to know or don't find out til after the fact.. I don't mind.. We are all busy and everyone thinks someone else told me or talked to me.. I live about 45 minutes away from the rest of my family so,it happens.. Not like all the time but it does. I still don't think anything of it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I live 15 minutes away from Grandma, Mom and Aunt. My sister lives a little closer, and she's always at our Grandparents house because they watch her kids all the time. My kids never get invited. They all have my phone numbers but they don't call. If I ever mention it they act like it's my fault because I haven't called them. Um, yeah, I do, but they don't return calls. I think the whole deal is that they think it's best to pretend my Mom is the great Mom she pretends to be.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• HAHAHA! I can't be "the bigger person" any longer or I won't be able to fit in my house. I've dealt with my Mother's crap my entire life and I've grown tired of it. My Grandparents are the ones who play favorites, not my mother.I have done every thing I can to try to get my Mom involved in my life and my kid's lives. I never thought my entire family on my Mom's side would forget about me because of my Mother. I'm not going to call my Mother and tell her to cut the crap. I DID tell her not to lie to me in the past and since then her family has left me out. My sister doesn't like my Mother any more than I do, but she puts on a fake smile and kisses her ass. I'm not going to do that.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2010