Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

When do you start dating ofter your husband leaves? adult content

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • When YOU are READY. Enjoy your life, you ONLY have ONE. Live it well. Good luck to you.

    Answer by AdrianaS at 5:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • Whenever You are ready. Personally, if my husband walked away from me tonight, I would have a date for Friday... But, I'm a pick up and move on kind of person... Most people aren't. IF you feel ready, go for it, if you don't, don't...

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • I would guess as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. If he left, he obviously didn't realize how great you really are, so my advice to you is not to let your confidence in yourself affect your dating life based on the decision of a man who couldn't see what he had. There is someone out there who will recognize your worth as far greater than you can ever see in yourself and show appreciation for everything you do, so don't let an opportunity pass you by if it presents itself.

    Answer by meganbearden at 5:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • When you have explored every possibility for reconciling with him and certainly not before the divorce is final. I would further think it would be extremely well advised to study your marriage, your husband, and yourself and learn as much as possible from all the mistakes that were made so if you did find someone else, you would not repeat all the same mistakes you made first time around. When people don't do that, they tend to marry someone exactly like their first spouse and then experience all the same problems the second time around. It is never wise to rush into another bond until you have sorted out the original.

    Answer by NannyB. at 5:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • It's about you. Whatever you are comfortable with. I waited one year.

    Answer by EttaMay at 5:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • Be careful. In my state (NC), your boyfriend can be sued for alienation of affection if there is any doubt that he prevented a reconciliation that your ex wanted. It can also cost you in alimony or settlement. I would want some happiness as well--and you deserve it. But also remember that your children are probably sad and they don't need to see you dating yet. have some fun but be discreet --and no sex unless you're certain that it won't be held against you (so to speak) :)

    Answer by charlottej at 6:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • When you are ready and have done everything to make it work with him, just be careful at first.

    Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

  • When you feel you are completely over him.....

    Answer by Truelove77 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.