Should I get a new potty chair

A friend said now that I am a stay at home mo I should really start enforcing potty training.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 5:50 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get the kind that goes on the big toilet. It eases the transition.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Failing to see the connection between being a SAHM and potty training. If your child is ready, a new seat will help. If he's not, then nothing will. Good luck.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I think she said it because now I have more time.....and no I don't. I take university classes online since I dont have babysitting situated for the winter. Some people cam be so rude
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• New potty chair? As in one to replace one you already have? Um, no.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 6:20 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• yeah...I think it is ok. chair. It has a step on it. It is collaspeable when lifted...easy for carrying around. Simple. Think it was $2 at the second hand store. I try different methods with getting hom on the toliet. I do not know if he is just not ready or I am not putting much effort into it. When I sit him on the potty he just screams and cries...wonder if he doesnt like the sinking feeling (where his bum is). He is only 1.5 so not to worried about anything. I try to say when I got to the bathroom mommy uses the big potty chair. My friedn who was saying I should be doing it more her son was porrty trained at 11 months. ....idk. I'm not stressed about it but would like him to get more comfortable with the potty. Didn't know if Ihad to spend more money to get a better one...you know one with stickers or sounds on it.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I've heard mixed reviews of the ones that make sounds (like the kid will just sit there and make it make noise over and over without going). We got DS the Baby Bjorn potty with the insert (MUCH easier with the insert!), and the kind that goes on the big toilet that folds into the lid. We love it.
    Have you figured out what method you want to use? We did the 3 day method, and it was awesome. I have the ebook if you'd like it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Also, do it when you're both ready. Otherwise, it will end up being a half hearted effort, and/or you'll both get stressed out and give up. Then it will take even more work when the time comes!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I am a SAHM and my 4 year old REFUSED to potty train till 6 months ago. Once she started it ust clicked with her. If they are not ready it's not even worth trying till they are ready.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I just sent u a message Music....I didn't know really that there are different methods. I got a video from the library about potty training. My son just looked at it. lol i saw on walmart's website there is a one day potty training book. Personally I do not think he is ready. Maybe a lil bit after his 2nd bday (March 5). I noticed my son does better when he learns from kids his age you know? Like I wanted him to start walking so I enrolled him in daycare thinking since he will see kids that walk he will pick up more interest. He didn't start walking full time until he was 18 months! And much as I am sick of changing poopy diapers I really and not fully dedicated to it. I have school work and bills mostly on my mind.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010