Who do I send baby portraits to, what size(s) and how many?

I am a first-time mom of a 5-month-old daughter. I have a whole bunch of studio portraits in all sizes (wallet, 3x5, 5x7) from when she was 3 months old, and I would like to include these in the Christmas cards. But I don't know what sizes to send or how many -- i.e., how many should Grandma get and what size(s)? What about my best friend? How about my in-laws? The list goes on. Not to mention she was adopted, so there is her birthfamily to consider.

So, are there any general rules to follow for distribution of baby portraits among family, friends, birthfamily, and all others?

monina79

Asked by monina79 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• I give great grandparent 5x7, grandparents 8x10 (and 5x7 of a few poses), I give aunts and uncles (there are 14) wallets, and for Christmas I include a wallet or one a bit bigger in all the cards I send My aunts and uncles as well as grandparents, great grandparent, and friends.
    Just send what you feel like sending I'm sure everyone will love getting pictures of your baby!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 6:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I just gave the larger prints to the people who are closest, be they family or friends, and then the smaller prints to extended family and friends. I don't think there are rules to it, but courtesy would dictate that the people who are closest to you and the child should get the bigger pictures. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• For us: greats get 5x7 in-laws and my parents get 8x10. Aunts and uncles get 4.5x6. Every one else gets wallets unless they requested something larger.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I usually give the 8x10 or 5x7 to the grandparents and my sis, and some 5x7 to very close family/friends and everyone else gets wallets.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2010