Help i dont know what to do??

im a first time being prego and im so lost im 19 and dont know what i should do idk if i should take pills for vitamins or what to eat im lost on every thing i would love if you guys who have had kids or have kids to help me out abit thank you!!!!

babylove14

Asked by babylove14 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hunbun - you are so sweet! Talk to your doctor about nutrition, young moms have special needs. You have seen a doctor right? if not make the appointment on Monday. Take your pre-nat vitamins if they make you sick try another brand or the liquid. Do not diet - eat healthy. Do not cut fat out of your diet - baby needs the good kind of fat to develop. Go to as many websites as you can stand about your baby's develpment it will give to tips on nutrition for that prego time period. I had two over ten pound baby's vaginal delivery with DRUGS! I admit I ate doughnuts and drank soda ! Stress is the enemy - relax - your the mom now. If you want to friend me I will try to answer as many of your questions as I can. Super best wishes, Mom.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 6:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• well if you havt yet you need to make a appt to see a dr it can be a midwife, or a obgyn just depends on what your looking for and what your insurence will cover.
    yes you need to be on a prenatal vitamin doesnt matter to much which brand they are all about the same. follow the directions on the bottle for how many you should be taking some tell you two pills daily others say one daily.
    eating healthy is importent also avoid taking all medication if you can. its safe to take tylenol only dont take advil or motrin or asrpin. good luck to you and congrats on the new addition its a wounderfull expierence.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• you do need to get a prenatal vitamin suppliment. you can get it at walmart or any other food store. only like 4$ for a 100 count bottle. also you should get the book what to expect when your expecting....i had it for my first 2 pregnancies and it really eases your mind on the things you dont know about.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• First and foremost you need to get in to see a OBGYN asap They can make sure you get all your prenatal vitamins and care you need to have a healthy baby. I was 27 when I had my son and I was terrified, so I can imagine what you're going through. Is the father in the picture? IF not, then you can still do this. My son's dad and I were together during my entire pregnancy, but after the baby was born we broke up 3 months later, and I'm doing great, very successful. You can do it, but make sure you go to see a doctor. They're the only one who can guide you in the right direction. Having a baby alone can be hard on any woman any age.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Eat right!! Eat when you are hungry. Eat your veggies and fruits. I have 3 boys, 2 are a set of twins. If you have any questions you can send me a pm and I will answer everything that I can for you.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 6:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• Send a friend request I'm a mom of 3 with one on the way and was a teen mom so I'd be happy to answer questions for you :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• If you are healthy there is no need to get yourself full of vitamins, the best thing to do is to ask your doctor all the questions that pop in your head or write them now and then ask him, you are going to get probably a prescription for prenatal vitamins its just 1 a day, about food try to avoid junk food, if you are already used to to home cooked meals try to keep eating like that I was advised not to eat 2 much fish and raw meat like sushi because you could get an infection and with cooked fish like salmon and tuna you can eat it 1 a week because they could have some amounts of mercury, they do not recommend stop eating it because the oils are good for the brain add to your diet food that contains folic acid, there is no need to over eat everyone said you are eating for 2 but the stomach of your baby is not that big :) avoid relatives with little kids for little while ( chicken pox, rubeola, etc)

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• I know exactly where you're coming from. I was pregnant at 19 with my daughter! Friend me!

Also, make an appointment with an OBGYN ASAP! A lot of them actually give out a book called What to Expect when You're Expecting. It's a GREAT BOOK! If the doctor's office that you go with doesn't give it out, then look for it at any bookstore. It's a wonderful book that answered a lot of my own questions back in the day.

I don't think you could have picked a better online community to come to with your questions.
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 6:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• fellow the guide line of what the doc said and eat enought and take the pill the doc said you should be ok
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 7:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2010